The Discounts and Resources page is updated on an ongoing basis. Submit tips or let us know a discount/resource is no longer valid via the Contacts page. Click hyperlinks to access available resources.
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America. Each summer since 2010, Blue Star Museums have offered free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. You just need to present your military ID card for entry.
- Southwest Airlines
Offers a military fare to active duty service members and military dependents, including spouses. It is a set fare and not a discount. Call 1-800-FLY-SWA to inquire about rates. Must have your military I.D. card when traveling.
- PCSing and have a pet? American Airlines offers 50 percent off of live animal cargo prices for active duty military and spouses under orders to PCS. Email LiveAnimals.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Armed Forces Vacation Club -The Armed Forces Vacation Club (AFVC) offers all eligible members of the U.S. military vacations at an affordable price. Explore rental options in destinations worldwide, including $349 weeklong Space-A stays. Free membership.
Groups and Social Media Pages
The Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of your career progression.
- LinkedIn Premium for PCSing milspouses and the Learning Center.
- Military Spouse Corporate Career Network
Your Local PPP program– Update! Bye PPPS.
- Career Military Spouses (Facebook Group)
- Military Spouse Networking (Facebook Group)
- Alpha Lambda Psi Military Spouse Sorority
Milfriendly Employers/Finding Employment
- Hilton – In August 2013, Hilton launched Operation: Opportunity with a commitment to hire 10,000 Veterans and Military Spouses by 2018. They accomplished that goal two years ahead of schedule and are now committing to hire an additional 20,000 military hires by the end of 2020. Veterans and Spouses are a natural fit at Hilton because of our shared values like leadership, integrity and teamwork. Join them now to put your skills to work.
- https://www.veterans.gov/milspouses/ – New site launched by the White House. It includes an interactive map showing whether a (professional) license can be used temporarily, whether the process of getting a new license could be expedited and other employment resources.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership
Starting Your Own Business
- https://www.sba.gov/content/military-spousesBoots to Business – entrepreneurial education and training program
- Founder Institute – premier pre-seed startup accelerator, with chapters across 180+ cities and graduates that have built companies exceeding $20B in estimated value.
- Milspo Project – a non-profit organization founded in 2014 that is on a mission to help 10,001 military spouses start sustainable businesses by 2024.
- The Rosie Network – “strengthening military families through entrepreneurial programs and support services, empowering military spouses, transitioning service members and veteran entrepreneurs toward financial stability and self-sufficiency.”
- The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter, Updated and Expanded.
In this updated and expanded version of the international bestseller The First 90 Days, Michael D. Watkins offers proven strategies for conquering the challenges of transitions, no matter where you are in your career.